Our mission is to mobilize men to use their strength for creating cultures free from violence, especially men's violence against women.
This October 17 – 19 in Washington, DC the Healthy Masculinity Summit will mark the beginning of the Healthy Masculinity Action Project. The Summit Faculty will facilitate conversations about topics like healthy masculinity and violence against women.
Newly confirmed faculty, representing a wide range of expertise and issues, include people like:
· Samantha Yakal-Kremski, who manages the domestic violence prevention (DVP) philanthropy program at the Verizon Foundation.
· Michael Kimmel, who is among the leading researchers and writers on men and masculinity in the world and whose books include Guyland (2008), Misframing Men (2010) and, most recently, A Guy’s Guide to Feminism.
· Ulester Douglas, the Associate Director at Men Stopping Violence, who has provided expert consultation, training and keynote presentations in 40 states, the Caribbean, and Great Britain.
· Amy Terpeluk, a Partner at Finn Partners, who previously spearheaded regional marketing campaigns for films such as The Lord of the Rings and now uses what she learned in the entertainment industry to focus on public relations for societal issues.
Learn more about the Healthy Masculinity Summit’s topnotch Faculty and take advantage of early bird registration price, ending August 17th.
- mencanstoprape posted this